Sometimes in life, things don’t happen the way we want them to, as the road to travel is not that easy as it seems to. Sometimes failure is necessary to teach us what is right and what is wrong. But we need to remember that everything is temporary. When the life is tough but we should pray for the strength to endure a tough one that leads to greatness. Here’s what you need to keep in mind when life gets rough:
1. It is your resistance to “what is” that causes your suffering.Happiness is being content with what you presently have in life rather than wishing for and worrying about what we don’t have in life. As it is just a means to argue with life. We cannot control everything what happens in life, rather we can control the way how we react to the things that happen at their own pace.
2. Where you are right now is a necessary step.We all have a developed belief, based on our ideals, in our minds that it is not where we should be or want to be. But the truth is, where you are right now is exactly where you need to be to get to where you want to go tomorrow.
3. Not getting what you want can be a blessing. Sometimes not getting what you want is because you deserve something better. So, it only makes you reevaluate certain things which can open doors to the new opportunities.
4. Things will change (again) sooner than you think. No one can avoid changes. Change is a part of life itself. In fact, our lives are changing every single minute. However good or bad a situation is now, it will change. That’s the one thing you can count on.
5. You have to be specific about how you intend to move forward.Your life will improve only when you are able to define precisely what “improve” means to you. The agonies will to ease only when you have something good and positive to replace them with. Be specific. Happiness is not a goal but rather is the result of a life well lived.
6. Your attitude can improve your situation, or degrade it. No matter how bad things are, you can always make things worse. Remember this. You can’t have a positive life with a negative attitude as it limits the behavior and actions. If you realize how powerful your thoughts were, you would never think another negative thought again.
7. Other people’s negativity isn’t worth worrying about. Truth be told, what others say and do, and the opinions they have, are based entirely on their own self-reflection. Do not take things too personally.
8. You are strong to rise aboveDon’t transform yourself into someone you are not. Be a strong person and cry for a momentopenly to get away with some pain, but after that fight back again with a strong spirit.
9. You have to risk it sometimesLife is inherently risky. We need to get out from our comfort zone and make something happen, even if it’s just a small step in the right direction. Strive for progress, not perfection.
10. You really are pretty amazingEven when life gets rough, you need to be willing to bet on yourself. It’s the one investment in the world you can control better than anything else. You are worth it!
11. Being kind to yourself is the best medicineAlways be kind to yourself. Take some alone time and do everything to treat yourself.
12. Gratitude improves every situationLife is better when you’re smiling. Being positive in a negative situation is a sign of leadership and strength. Always smile and appreciate little things in life rather than crying and complaining.
13. You are not trapped; you just need to re-learn a few thingsSometimes we doubt ourselves and feel trapped. Never doubt your ability to make a life-altering decision. You still have your wings. Train them and stretch them slowly. Give yourself space.
You’ll be flying again soon.